Home > Breaking > Disaster Averted: Local Hero Saves Family’s Home from Fire

Disaster Averted: Local Hero Saves Family’s Home from Fire

13 Dec 2017 10:34 AM

Tuesday night, the first day of Chanukka, a family got together to light the menorah by the window (14th Ave and 49th St.). After they finished lighting, they left to celebrate with family and friends. Unbeknownst to them, while they were out, the window shade that was right next to the menorah caught fire from the candles. What would have been a potential disaster for an entire family was prevented by an attentive neighbor, who noticed the fire in the window. The neighbor broke the window and extinguished the fire with no thought of harm to himself.

See OU’s PSA about Chanukka Fire Safety Guidelines

PSA: Chanukka Safety Guidelines

 

 

Leave a Reply

Send this to a friend