President Trump Continues to Refuse to Concede, Insists All Votes Have Not Been Counted

President Trump Continues to Refuse to Concede, Insists All Votes Have Not Been Counted

By Yehudit Garmaise

  This Tuesday will be two weeks since Election Day, and President Trump has neither called Joe Biden to concede, nor has a made a formal concession. Some White House officials have even insisted that they are preparing for a second term.

   On Friday, during a press conference the president gave in the Rose Garden about the imminence of a coronavirus vaccine, he said that his administration would “not be going to a lockdown” as a measure to slow the spread of COVID-19.

   President Trump, who perhaps is waiting for the officials results of the election after the meeting of Electoral College on Dec. 14, then said, “Whatever happens in the future, who knows which administration it will be? I guess time will tell.”

  As of right now, President-elect Joe Biden has collected 290 Electoral College votes to President Trump’s 232.

   In addition, 77.5 million votes have been counted for Joe Biden, and 72.3 million votes have been counted for President Trump, who at 4:47am, this morning on Twitter seemed to perhaps start to be accepting reality when he said, “He [Biden] won.”

   Of course, however, just in the next line, Trump stated that “the Election was rigged.”

   The president continued to complain that, “NO VOTE WATCHERS OR OBSERVERS [were] allowed, [the] vote was tabulated by a Radical Left privately owned company, Dominion, with a bad reputation & bum equipment that couldn’t even qualify for Texas…”

   Like maybe all of President Trump’s tweets since the election, after more rants about the Fake and Silent Media, this one was marked with text in red from Twitter that says, “This claim about election fraud is disputed.” 

   After about an hour of some Twitter users interpreting Trump’s statement that “He won,” as a kind of concession, Trump logged back on to Twitter to respond, “He only won in the eyes of the FAKE NEWS MEDIA. I concede NOTHING!”

   After a few more lines about a “RIGGED ELECTION!” Twitter once again, posted its disclaimer that the president’s “claim about election fraud is disputed.”

   It is not just Twitter that disputes the president’s claims. No one but President Trump has claimed any widespread fraud or has been able to provide any evidence of fraud in the 2020 election.

  In fact, the realities that election officials from both political parties have stated publicly that the election went well, and that many international observers have confirmed that there were no serious irregularities, have not stopped President Trump from continuing to mount numerous legal challenges, most of which have been thrown out, across the country. 

 Today, Trump again reiterated his groundless attacks on the election technology firm, Dominion Voting Systems, which no one has found to have shown any evidence of serious voting irregularities.

  Dominion has said, “it denies claims about any vote switching or alleged software issues with our voting system.”

  Last week, the Cybersecurity & Infrastructure Security Agency, a federal agency that oversees U.S. election security, said last week, “the Nov. 3 election was the most secure in American history. There is no evidence that any voting system deleted or lost votes, changed votes, or was in any way compromised.”

   However, in his latest fundraising e-mail, Trump insisted that he “had legal teams on the ground in every critical state.

   “We are fighting to ensure EVERY SINGLE LEGAL ballot is counted.”

 Photo by Joyce N. Boghosian)

Be in the know

receive BoroPark24’s news & updates on whatsapp

 Start Now

PHOTOS: Severe Thunderstorms Knock Down Trees and Leave Boro Park Flooded with Water
  • Nov 15 2020
  • |
  • 11:00 PM

Bar Mitzvah in The Courts of Galanta and Brezna
  • Nov 15 2020
  • |
  • 3:36 PM